|This tiny hamlet in the parish of Brington, sits astride an old Roman
Road, and now contains a handful of cottages.
It has obviously contracted in the last 160 years, as in 1841 the
population was 99 people living in 18 houses.
It gives its name to the Nobottle Grove Hundred, the ancient Saxon division of the Counties, which comprised 18 Parishes, including Bugbrooke, Harpole, Harlestone and Church Brampton, all of which this walk visits.The neighbouring Nobottle Woods provide a delightful carpet of Bluebells in the late spring.